- Judicial Seminars Disclosure
- Judicial Conduct and Disability
- Judicial Conduct – Procedures and Published Orders
- Notice to Customers Making Payment by Check
- Judicial Conference-approved policies providing guidance on implementing the chapter 7 fee waiver provisions of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 as well as guidance for the protection of tax information in bankruptcy cases.
- Your Employee Rights and How to Report Wrongful Conduct
Welcome to the official website for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Vermont. Our Clerk's Office is at 11 Elmwood Avenue, Burlington, VT and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every weekday except federal holidays. Hearings and creditors meetings are held in either Rutland or Burlington depending on whether the debtor resides in the southern or northern part of the state. There is no staffed Bankruptcy Court Clerk's Office in Rutland.
News & Announcements
Based on the final report of the Post-COVID Procedures Task Force, and input from members of the VBA Bankruptcy Section, and the Clerk’s Office, THE COURT FINDS it appropriate to establish written guidelines regarding the conduct of, and criteria...
Following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) revised guidance, Governor Phil Scott issued an Executive Order on May 14, 2021 lifting the State of Vermont’s masking and social distancing requirements for fully vaccinated...